Skip to main content

Against All Balls

The following is the lost post as best I can recall it. I'm sure it's no where near the land of "Good" as my last one, but it will have to suffice since I am an imperfect being with an imperfect memory.

Ever since last Thursday, as in the past 7 days, there has been much ado about the human hackey sack. It's weird, actually, how prevalent the topic has been--it even got to Timmy.

It started last week when the conversation two of my coworkers were having about basketball turned to something that happened one of the Clippers/Suns games. Apparently one player decided to pull another player out of the air by his . . . ahem . . . "area." Ow.

Later that day, as per Tim's post, we went to a restaurant with my coworkers for happy hour. Once the appetizers arrived, I tore into them and realized about halfway through my second what-I-thought-was-a-chicken-fried-steak-nugget, that what I was in fact eating were calf fries. The taste wasn't too bad, but when I realized what I was eating, I lost my appetite for them. It just seemed wrong to be eating that body part, regardless of the species of its original possessor.

The next day, after our plans with our two fave lezzies fell-through because of, what else, a baseketfootieball game (Mavs v. Spurs) , I learned that during the game, another crotchal-area incident occurred when a Spur began punching a Mav in Jimmy Johnson's boys. What got me though, was that the Mav was suspended for socking the guy in the face afterward while the berry-mashing Spur was let off with a warning. Riiiight. I don't blame the guy for socking the guy in the face afterward. I would have done the same.

. . . I also would've hit the teammate of mine who was standing right there and did nothing.

. . . and the stupid ref for doing nothing afterward.

And the next day, I would've hit the jackass NBA higher-up who made the suspension decision.

But that's just me.

Yesterday, I overheard another set of coworkers discussing an injury one of their nephews suffered the day before. An incredibly painful injury. It hurts just to write about it, but apparently he twisted one sphere of influence around to the point of possibly needing surgery to correct it. *cringe* Again, gonna have to say "Ow." Not exactly sure how one would go about causing such a twist of excruciating fate, but then again I think I am perfectly content in my ignorance.

I should have known there would be many balls in the air when all the kiwis we had for our lunches the past two weeks did indeed resemble another kind of furry fruit.

Beware the balls. They're everywhere.

Comments

Tim said…
It must be the fault of the pool table.
The Megan said…
"water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink". =)

ps yay for coming back and posting!!!! i do hope this is the first in a long line of regular posts for my jameson friend!!
Anonymous said…
Hi James

why aren't you answering your emails at

theaykon
or
vision-trust
?
James said…
Probably because . . . *clears throat*

YOU HAVE THE WRONG JAMES.

Thank you.

mimjwul

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

Tim's flight went smoothly and he is now in Arkansas. My day feels hollow without being able to IM him. Still no word on exactly when he'll be back--either Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon. Oh, and add that supreme bitch, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) to the list of modern-era senators refusing to cosponser the anti-lynching measure. I have also added her to my litany of reasons for truly despising this fucktard state in which I live. MEMO TO THE GOP: Your true (lack of) colors are showing. Smarmy sanctimonious bastards.

On "Political Differences"

I had some thoughts on this interesting article and was gonna thread them on my Twitter timeline, but I have too much to say on the matter, so I decided to dig out and dust off my old blog and post them here. Here's the thing about explicitly disliking a "political other" that the media doesn't want to cop to: There is actually clearly a right and wrong side at this point in history. Once upon a time, the differences in the Democratic and the Republican parties were simply regional and political stances on tax policy and fiscal spending and a myriad of other procedural thingamabobs. Precisely because both parties were inherently and inexorably racist, misogynistic, and LGBTQ-phobic because America  was vastly racist, misogynistic, and LGBTQ-phobic. Some might argue that it still is. And they're right. It is. But it used to be FAR, FAR worse and much more banally violent about it, too. POC, women, and LGBTQ people were freely beaten and murdered, with little