Skip to main content

Sporadices

I know my posts have been few and far between over the past couple of weeks. I'm nearing the end of my final semester as an undergrad and all those final projects that are due over the next four weeks have been keeping me on my toes. As Dolly Parton would say, "I've been busier than a one legged man in a butt-kickin' contest!"

Here is another poem to sate your prosal appetites for a little while longer.

ciao.

The Farmer’s Wife



That reminds me, I checked out this Othello play
out of the library.
It’s about a guy
who loses his reputation and his wife,
well, he kills her, but she made him.

- Ai, “Penis Envy” from
Vice: New and Selected Poems


I don’t even recognize my hand
holdin’ onto the axe
swingin’ at your head,
splittin’ it liked warmed fat.
Don’t want to need you no more.

Didn’t want it to come to this,
you’ve told me for twenty years,
“Baby, I love you.
I don’t like hittin’ you,
but you make me do it,
sometimes you make me crazy
‘cause you won’t let nothin’ go.”

‘Cause I knew you’d never let me go,
that someday you’d kill me,
You made me do it.
I love you, too.


**********copyright james yeager 2004**********

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

Tim's flight went smoothly and he is now in Arkansas. My day feels hollow without being able to IM him. Still no word on exactly when he'll be back--either Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon. Oh, and add that supreme bitch, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) to the list of modern-era senators refusing to cosponser the anti-lynching measure. I have also added her to my litany of reasons for truly despising this fucktard state in which I live. MEMO TO THE GOP: Your true (lack of) colors are showing. Smarmy sanctimonious bastards.

Lynching Senators UPDATE

Hutchison has finally done the honorable thing and signed on as a cosponser to the anti-lynching bill. Let's see what Cornyn does. I take back what I said about Senator Hutchison, she is not a supreme bitch . . . . . . just a regular one.