Skip to main content

Discrepancies

Okay, I've decided to start posting a little weekly segment I like to call Discrepancies, in which I will explore those obscure little things in life that just don't make sense. You know the type; those things that happen to catch your attention every now and then that make go, "hmmm, I wonder what that's all about," then you go on about your business and never really give it a second thought. Well guess what, I am going to talk about those things once a week. I may not have answers for them, but feel free to take it upon yourself to research them and leave a comment.

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for people who take it upon themselves to find answers to my esoteric postulations. If you feel you are taking up too much of your own precious time trying to resolve one of these mysteries, that's your problem. Get a life. These posts (and by "these" I of course mean Discrepancies, the rest of my posts are of course to be held in the highest regard of authenticity and philosophical debate; i.e., take the rest seriously) are meant for entertainment purposes only. They are not to be taken internally or applied to sensitive areas of the body or mind.

Today's post: Pepsi One's Nutrition Facts or Fiction?

Something I noticed about Pepsi One's nutritional information is that the serving size of course varies between the 12 oz can, the 2 liter bottle, and the 20 oz bottle. The can states that the serving size is "1 can" (12 oz), while the two bottles state that a serving size is in fact "8 oz". But what doesn't change is the amount of calories. The calorie count for a 12 oz can is exactly the same as the calorie count for an 8 oz serving as suggested by the bottles. How can that be? If following the 8 oz calorie guide, the 12 oz can should be worth either 1.5 servings or 1.5 calories. Or, if you follow the can's guide, the calorie count for the bottles' 8 oz serving suggestions should be 0.667 calories.

Is Pepsi getting lazy, or are they obscuring the facts in an attempt stay true to Pepsi One's one calorie assertion? You be the judge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

Tim's flight went smoothly and he is now in Arkansas. My day feels hollow without being able to IM him. Still no word on exactly when he'll be back--either Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon. Oh, and add that supreme bitch, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) to the list of modern-era senators refusing to cosponser the anti-lynching measure. I have also added her to my litany of reasons for truly despising this fucktard state in which I live. MEMO TO THE GOP: Your true (lack of) colors are showing. Smarmy sanctimonious bastards.

Lynching Senators UPDATE

Hutchison has finally done the honorable thing and signed on as a cosponser to the anti-lynching bill. Let's see what Cornyn does. I take back what I said about Senator Hutchison, she is not a supreme bitch . . . . . . just a regular one.