Skip to main content

Hiatus Extremis

Okay, so I didn't blog throughout all of August. I guess I kinda needed a break from it. For those not in the know, job-hunting still at a dead-end, novel finished and in its second working draft, prezzy race still too close to call (unfortunately), and I'm not starting grad school this fall. Actually, now that I think about it, it wasn't so much I needed a break from blogging. After reading back over that list, I realize I haven't written anything in over a month because I didn't have anything new to say--I'm still jobless, out of school, and worried about the future of our nation. See, nothing new.

On that note, I should like to say that maybe things will change over the next few weeks. I would say more, but that information is classified . . . for now. However, I can say that I am rather happy with my novel and the two people who I have had immediate feedback from seem to be enjoying it so far (we're only halfway through the first reading). Unfortunately, I haven't any new poetry, not that that was ever a main staple of my blog. I know I've said it before, but I really mean it this time (yeah, right), I will update my blog more often so you won't have to see the same old, dusty and cobwebby post day after day after day after day after day.

So I leave you now with a joke from my childhood (remember, I had a pretty unique childhood). What's small, purple, and dangerous? A grape with a machine gun! (What did you think it was, you sick, deranged perverts? Sheesh, get your minds out of the gutters for once.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

Tim's flight went smoothly and he is now in Arkansas. My day feels hollow without being able to IM him. Still no word on exactly when he'll be back--either Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon. Oh, and add that supreme bitch, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) to the list of modern-era senators refusing to cosponser the anti-lynching measure. I have also added her to my litany of reasons for truly despising this fucktard state in which I live. MEMO TO THE GOP: Your true (lack of) colors are showing. Smarmy sanctimonious bastards.

Lynching Senators UPDATE

Hutchison has finally done the honorable thing and signed on as a cosponser to the anti-lynching bill. Let's see what Cornyn does. I take back what I said about Senator Hutchison, she is not a supreme bitch . . . . . . just a regular one.