Skip to main content

New Lifestyle, New "Lives"

In renewing my posting efforts on my blog, I noticed it was a bit outdated on links and decor. I began an attempt to clean it up, and in so doing, decided a fresh start was the most efficient way in which to accomplish this. So here it is. I will continue to add relevant links, graphics, etc, as I go. Please, let me know what you think of my blog's new, fresh look.

Now on to other topics. In local news, Leeann's Birthday/Karaoke Party was a smash hit that saw almost everyone who attended smashed within the first couple of hours. Bad singing, reunions with old friends and acquaintances, and a few new faces made for a nice mix and the crowd was just the right size overall for mingling. Tim and I had a blast to the tune of a 5 AM departure for home. So Kudos to Leeann for a party that has sufficiently replaced the blight of the last party disaster (Halloween) in our periodically-inebriated collective memory.

In national news, as if you hadn't already been pounded in the face until your nose and ears bleed from the redundancy and repetitiveness, the pope kicked on Saturday. Maybe now the Catholic Church can shake loose the chains of its modern dark-age mantra in favor of a more progressive, humanist approach. Or not. The Penguins don't like change for the better.

Finally, roosters and alarm clocks everywhere somehow misplaced 2:00 AM on Saturday night, so they instead skipped directly on to 3:00 AM hoping that no one would notice. Needless to say, due to rampant oversleeping and snooze-buttoning, today is also known as the unofficial national holiday of Calling-in Late for employees and employers alike.

Comments

Tim said…
I like the look of the place, nice refurbishing job. It looked good before too though. Anyway, I agree that Sat. was fun, though I may have slightly different memories since I was not drinking, but total fun none the less.
James said…
Kat, the link to Tim's blog is there. In fact, it's at the top of the list.

Tim, I'm glad you like the place. :D

TTFN

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

Tim's flight went smoothly and he is now in Arkansas. My day feels hollow without being able to IM him. Still no word on exactly when he'll be back--either Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon. Oh, and add that supreme bitch, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) to the list of modern-era senators refusing to cosponser the anti-lynching measure. I have also added her to my litany of reasons for truly despising this fucktard state in which I live. MEMO TO THE GOP: Your true (lack of) colors are showing. Smarmy sanctimonious bastards.

Lynching Senators UPDATE

Hutchison has finally done the honorable thing and signed on as a cosponser to the anti-lynching bill. Let's see what Cornyn does. I take back what I said about Senator Hutchison, she is not a supreme bitch . . . . . . just a regular one.