Skip to main content

Last Day

So here I am, the last day at my first job out of college. It's really a shame that I couldn't stay at this job, but too many circumstantial conflicts make it impossible for me to continue on here. It's another one of the cliched moments of bittersweetness. One chapter ends, another opens with hopes upon promises of a brighter future.

So here's to Huge Print Press, my (as of 4:00 PM today) former employer who gave me a shot when no one else in 9 months of job-hunting would: Thank you.

And here's to [the new company], my (as of 9:00 AM Monday, October 3rd) new employer, who wanted to hire me so badly that they actually went to a lot of trouble: Thank you.

Technically, I guess I am officially unemployed again for the next two days, so what better way to celebrate than by pigging out and getting plastered.


Cheers-Thanksalot!

Comments

The Megan said…
Tell me more about the 'circumstantial conflicts'...
James said…
commute and money - circumstances that are no one's fault, just the circumstances taking me from one job to the next, thus they are circumstantial.

The conflict is that I need less of one and more of the other. I'll let you guess which one's which.

ntousynl
The Megan said…
hmmm let's see... long commutes make you partake in the dirty word saying... more money makes you smiley and bouncy like a li'l puppy... i'm gonna go w/ more money, less commute...

oooh oooh, what do i get, what do i get????
James said…
You get a cookie!
The Megan said…
i miss james... sniff sniff... =(

eeeew... but i DON'T miss word ver!!
The Megan said…
James, are you EVER gonna blog again??? EYE Ms. EWE!!!

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

Tim's flight went smoothly and he is now in Arkansas. My day feels hollow without being able to IM him. Still no word on exactly when he'll be back--either Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon. Oh, and add that supreme bitch, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) to the list of modern-era senators refusing to cosponser the anti-lynching measure. I have also added her to my litany of reasons for truly despising this fucktard state in which I live. MEMO TO THE GOP: Your true (lack of) colors are showing. Smarmy sanctimonious bastards.

On "Political Differences"

I had some thoughts on this interesting article and was gonna thread them on my Twitter timeline, but I have too much to say on the matter, so I decided to dig out and dust off my old blog and post them here. Here's the thing about explicitly disliking a "political other" that the media doesn't want to cop to: There is actually clearly a right and wrong side at this point in history. Once upon a time, the differences in the Democratic and the Republican parties were simply regional and political stances on tax policy and fiscal spending and a myriad of other procedural thingamabobs. Precisely because both parties were inherently and inexorably racist, misogynistic, and LGBTQ-phobic because America  was vastly racist, misogynistic, and LGBTQ-phobic. Some might argue that it still is. And they're right. It is. But it used to be FAR, FAR worse and much more banally violent about it, too. POC, women, and LGBTQ people were freely beaten and murdered, with little